Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Innocent Is Left Behind

You might find this title a bit depressing, but it kind of is a bummer topic. I have lost my innocence and so have you. You might not be able to pinpoint one particular event, but we all lose it. Whatever it was, ya lost it! Today was my second day of college classes and I just thought, "Wow! Why did I even try to compare high school to this foreign place..college!" The two are just not fully comparable. Sure you have classes, teachers, but you do not have financial aid (at my high school), dorms (also, you might of had dorms in high school), and the workload is much different! I have never had to motivate myself, that was my mother's job. I am an adult. Ew, I said it. I want to remain a doe-eyed, innocent girl forever! A friend said today, "I think adults are kids but after college that have to pretend to be adults." I agree with her for the most part! I know that will be true for me. I like to color, watch Disney, create, do cartwheels, blow bubbles, swing and just act like a little girl. The truth of the matter is that I am not a little girl anymore, but my faith can still be like a child. I am an adult on paper, but a child at heart. Mark 10:15 says," Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter." This verse says to me, grow into a woman of Christ but keep the faith in God like a child keeps faith in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment